I have been thinking today about Jason's decision not to mention his son to DeAnna on the first night.
I've read elsewhere that people understand why he didn't, and I do too. But I think he should have told her.
I came to this conclusion after thinking about how I would feel if I were in DeAnna's shoes. I think I might feel a little betrayed. I know it is important to get to know someone's personality without judging them based on their circumstances, but I also think being a parent is such a large part of who someone is that it just isn't fair to leave it out.
I personally can't even imagine having a conversation with someone without mentioning my kids in some fashion at least once, if not many times!
Also, as a father, his son should be his number one priority, so don't even get me started on the fact that he's on the show in the first place. Not sure if someone else convinced him it might be worth it to spend 6 weeks away from his son, or if he came to that conclusion on his own, but I think it's a little irresponsible.
He should have told her the truth. A lie by omission is still a lie. If he wants a chance with DeAnna, she needs to like him AS a father, not in spite of that fact.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Jason's Decision not to Mention his Son
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment