Alright, another marathon session of The Bachelorette last night! Is every episode going to be two hours? Not that I'm complaining...
I can't decide if I really like DeAnna or not (much like Ron can't - doh!). She seems really nice and then really full of herself at different points in time. When she was talking about her mother I almost cried (ever seen Terms of Endearment? I sobbed through that ending). The only reason I didn't cry is because the story didn't last long enough. What a horrible tragedy to have to go through as a child.
But then she makes the guys strip down to their undies for the general public to see and I want to slap her! And if she mentions wanting her "fairy-tale ending" again I'm going to start my own drinking game! Someone needs to tell her that there is a reason why it's called a fairy-tale ending.
She is, however, very good at demanding attention from the men. I actually like that in her. I think the men we usually fall in love with make us feel protected and adored. She is asking them all to be that way, so we will just have to see who steps up to the plate.
I also have one request for the show's producers: Can you please let the guys set up some dates next time? I think we could get to know them better if we could see where they would go and what they would do if they were setting up the evenings. Don't you think?
Okay, on to the guys...
*Brian W., a 31-year-old high school football coach from Weatherford, TX
Brian, Brian, Brian. Wait, was he there? I must have missed him. Seriously, though, I did notice one thing when they were all lined up in their skivvies: he's TALL!!! I like a tall man - makes me feel more feminine. Glad he's staying. I really want to see more of him next time. ROSE!
*Fred, a 30-year-old lawyer from Chicago, IL
Got the ELLEN rose! He seemed sincerely interested in DeAnna, and I liked him more after hearing Ellen talk about him being adorable, but he needs to step it up even more and make the time to hang out with DeAnna. And - sorry if this offends anyone but hey, it's my blog - I CANNOT HANDLE THE ACCENT! I just keep picturing that stupid skit from SNL about -da bears- and I start laughing! ROSE!
*Graham, a 29-year-old professional basketball player from Raleigh, NC
Poor Graham! He seems to be going down in flames! He's losing any semblance of self-esteem he portrayed at the beginning of the season. He talked down about himself, telling Jason not to take any one-on-one date advice from him.
There is, however, one thing Graham has going for him: DeAnna wants him BAD! I didn't really understand their last conversation when he told her he had concerns and that he could compromise?! But I noticed that SHE went in for the kiss, not him. She's aching for him to be a strong, romantic leading man. I just don't think he really has it in him. The previews also showed them arguing next week and it looked like he was being jealous of the other guys. If that's true, I would love to wish him a fond farewell. Jealousy is a deal breaker for me... ROSE (but it's wilting)!
*Jason, a 31-year-old account executive from Kirkland, WA
I hate to say it because I really didn't want to like him, but I LIKE HIM! I don't really find him all that attractive, but when he asked about DeAnna's mother, I knew it was going to impress her. I CALLED IT BEFORE SHE SAID IT, I SWEAR! Hell, it impressed me, and I'm not that easy to impress - especially when you already have a kid and an ex-wife.
The other reason I am really starting to like him is this: when he kisses her, he holds her chin. There is just something about being kissed while a guy is holding your chin or cupping the jaw/back of the neck area! Sends shivers up my spine just thinking about it. Why don't all guys kiss that way??? Someone should really tell the whole male population about those two moves. We'd all be much happier ladies!
DeAnna said on the show that if she really likes Jason, that she will be able to deal with his son and his ex-wife. For her sake, I hope she knows a smidgen of what she's talking about in that respect. There really is nothing harder to deal with (except ludicrously harsh things like adultery and drug addiction) in a good relationship than a child who will always take precedence over you and an ex-wife who might secretly enjoy making you feel like second fiddle.
On another note, I was EXTREMELY impressed and pleasantly surprised by DeAnna's thoughtful gift to Jason! It showed consideration for him and his son that I really haven't seen her - as the one BEING courted - show yet. ROSE!
*Jeremy, a 30-year-old real estate attorney from Dallas, TX
Jeremy must be happier than spit now that Ron's out. First Ryan, then Ron, just badgering Jeremy to death out of jealously (in my opinion). I haven't particularly seen a spectacular personality in Jeremy, but I have seen that most of the time he has a pretty good sense of humor, and yet the men cut him ZERO slack! Luckily he has DeAnna for a bodyguard. I'm betting that the rest of the guys (if they have brains) have realized not to mess with the Golden Child. ROSE (did you have any doubts?)!
*Jesse, a 25-year-old professional snowboarder from Breckenridge, CO
Didn't see too much interaction between him and DeAnna this week, but I did notice that a lot of the guys seem to be taking advice from him. Is that because he was in DeAnna's house? Perhaps. He was the first to rescue DeAnna when she faked an injury. That was nice, although I think more importantly Ron didn't even take a step in her direction! He had a talk with DeAnna about living with your significant other before marriage, and they both agreed it was a good idea. Now we know that Ryan never had a chance (did I say that out loud?).
Jesse still seems like the most down-to-earth one of the pack. My biggest problem with Jesse - and I hate to even type it but here goes - I think he's kind of ugly. I know I said that a guy can grow on you if you like their personality, but I don't think I like his enough to get past the visual. Slap me now, I'm a shallow heartless b****, I know... ROSE!
*Paul, a 23-year-old sales manager from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Didn't see much of Paul. I don't even have any notes written down about him at all. That could be why he didn't fare so well this week. Guess I don't have to worry about it anymore. SEE YA!
*Richard, a 27-year-old science teacher from Binghamton, NY
So sad... Richard has left the building. Was he just the most nervous guy in that Cinderella carriage or what??? I'm hoping that he didn't go in for the kiss because he felt the vibe was wrong, not becuase he was too scared. The strange thing about Richard is that he seemed like a genuine good person that got dumped. I spend so much time thinking of guys as scum looking to get some, and then this guys shows up and you can tell he has had a big blow to his self-esteem because of this - just like when I got dumped in the past! So you're telling me not all men are pigs? Good thing we have Ron to keep my mind from wandering too much (did I mention I don't really like Ron yet?)
I would love to set Richard up with some truly nice, honest, caring, sweet girl, but the only one I know is my grandma, and she's married and a little too old for him. Ah well, I will miss you Richard... BYE-BYE!
*Robert, a 28-year-old chef from San Francisco, CA
Collar up again! Who told this generation about that ridiculous style? That is sooooooooo 1985!
Robert bugged me this week. It's the first time we've really got to see a lot of him, and what does he do to win DeAnna's heart? He reels her in like a fish on a hook. Let me explain: he tells her he is willing to leave if there is no chemistry between them. This works with weaker women, so I'm surprised it worked with DeAnna. You always want the one that doesn't 'really' want you all that bad. It means they must be better than you, and they suddenly become more desirable.
By the way, it works the opposite way too: you don't respect the guy that wants you too much, because it means that you must be better than them. Oh the silly games we women can play if we want to...
So Robert stays, but I'm not happy about it. ROSE!
*Ron, a 36-year-old barber shop owner from Kansas City, MO
Let's sing together - Haaaa-le-lu-jah! Haaaa-le-lu-jah! Ha-le-lu-jah, Ha-le-lu-jah... you get the picture. I was beaming when DeAnna called him out on being a jerk to Jeremy, and I was beaming again when Jeremy called him out on it too! No tact? Hi kettle, it's pot - you're black! Only he was talking to a stainless steel mixing bowl, not a kettle. I can't write too much about him, because it will just be a bunch of poison spewed onto my computer screen, and I can't have that.
I can say this: thanks for giving Sean a haircut. (Glad I never have to) SEE YA (again)! (Oh wait, there's that reunion thing, isn't there? Darn!)
*Sean, a 33-year-old martial arts master from Crestwood, KY
He got a haircut. And was apparently stricken with laryngitis for the entire show. Was he even there? Oh yeah, he got a haircut. Now I remember. I like the haircut. He seems much more mature now. How can a haircut do that? ROSE!
*Twilley, a 33-year-old software programmer from Tulsa, OK
Alright. Twilley. Twilley, my dear, if you want to be the class clown, you have to be FUNNY!!! I have a feeling that he might be a crackup in a normal situation when he isn't so nervous. He's just WAY too nervous around her! Poor guy. He also hasn't shown any "man"-ness. Does that make sense? From what I've seen so far, he wouldn't make me feel protected and adored. He needs to stand taller or something. I don't know. I can't pinpoint it.
Shallow note: his lips are too thin and tight. I don't like big puffy lips on a guy (see Jeremy) but I like a nice soft kiss. I think kissing Twilley might feel like kissing a set of dentures. ROSE!
Next week they race cars (the network will probably double their viewership because the guys will all sit with their women to watch that part) and they write songs for DeAnna. Because anyone can write a song, right? It doesn't take skill or talent. It's just a song.
Can you hear the sarcasm dripping onto the floor?
Tell me what you thought!
1 comment:
I'm liking Jason as well! I can't help myself!
Post a Comment