I think I have a mental block for Monday night television. Missed the show AGAIN but watched it tonight on abc.com.
Quick note about the "interview" hour with DeAnna: If you missed it, go back and watch Brian... I was laughing my butt off!
So the bachelors and DeAnna went to (gasp!) Palm Springs this week. Sorry, did that sound a bit snotty? Having lived in California all my life, I'd much rather go to Tahiti or Jamaica or somewhere tropical at least. Heck, I'd rather go to New York City. California is very pretty but SO not edgy or cool! Even the freaks in San Francisco (I can call them freaks because I used to live there) that think they're edgy and cool really aren't.
So they all went to (gasp!) Palm Springs. I wonder how long of a drive it was from their pad in Southern California to their new pad in Southern California... okay, okay, I digress! Riding quads looked pretty fun, and going to Frank Sinatra's house would be EXTREMELY cool! I absolutely loved her 50's dress, very classy.
I think DeAnna did a pretty good job talking to all the guys this time (except Twilley) and getting to know them a little better. She definitely likes to be complimented; her face just lights up every time one of the guys says something really nice to her! It's very cute!
Speaking of the guys:
*Graham, a 29-year-old professional basketball player from Raleigh, NC
Still say DeAnna wants him BAD! Did she ask for a kiss again? I couldn't hear what she said. She got one, though! Graham seems to have gotten over the need to have her all for himself or not at all. He sort of set her up for the meeting with the family by joking around about how his family was going to wonder what she saw in him, and the previews for next week seemed to confirm that!
I'm really starting to think that he isn't the right guy for her. But those are the ones we always want the most, don't we??? We always want to tame the bad boys.
Has anyone else noticed (did I already mention this?) that he never LOOKS at her?!! It's unnerving! I wouldn't be able to handle that - I'd be grabbing his jaw and turning his head to me and demanding that he look at me once in awhile... sheesh! ROSE!
*Jason, a 31-year-old account executive from Kirkland, WA
Jason is still in the lead in our little poll here! He didn't take any chances on the quads, which means he's probably not out doing sports stuff very often, which DeAnna seems to enjoy doing. She made note of the fact that he just rode the quad in a straight line the whole time. Poor guy, not everyone is extreme, give him a break!
I thought it was really sweet how he told another guy that he really didn't like it for the first time when Jesse interrupted them at the pool. I think he's surprising himself with the strength of his feelings for her.
DeAnna gets to meet Ty next week. Not sure how I feel about that yet. I suppose it will depend on how she is portrayed to him. If she's introduced sort of as his girlfriend, I will be irritated. But if she's introduced as just a friend, that's not so bad. I can't believe they actually interviewed him... he can't be more than four years old. Hopefully they made it a very stress-free atmosphere for the kid. What an odd experience it must have been for him.
Shallow picky note: I don't like Jason's nose. It hooks like a beak. He looks much better from the front view than in profile. But let's face it, there is always something wrong with the good guys - that's why we always fall for the bad boys (see Graham above)!
Anyhow - like you didn't guess: ROSE!
*Jeremy, a 30-year-old real estate attorney from Dallas, TX
Plays the part of the debonair suitor quite well. But he's boring! Serious love and commitment vibes can only take you so far - then you need an actual personality! Do they make you check your personality at the door when you pass the bar?
Another shallow picky note: I'm just really not finding Jeremy attractive anymore. I know that I gave them all the benefit of the doubt in the beginning, because personality can change your visual appeal in my opinion. Jeremy's (lack of)personality has lowered his visual appeal.
I was also cracking up when Twilley was joking about Jeremy being a superhero mutant guy... :o)
One thing I do know is that real estate attorneys make bank, so if she picks him, she probably won't have to work anymore. Not the worst way to pick a man, is it? Kidding, kidding!
But he did get to go to Frank Sinatra's house and hang out, so I'm jealous of him because of that! ROSE!
*Jesse, a 25-year-old professional snowboarder from Breckenridge, CO
Was it my glasses or did Jesse get cute for a minute, and then went back to not-so-cute? Someone needs to tell that boy to lose the hat-hair and the shirt and he will get LOADS more chicks!
DeAnna said she was sad that he didn't try to kiss her. I think he really wanted to by the look on his face, but may have gotten a little too nervous. Sitting across a table isn't really the best way to kiss anyway. But he could have stepped up to the plate and figured it out. Heck, he could have at least told her he wanted to kiss her. Then she could have told him she wanted him to also.
I can't wait to see his family! I bet they love him a lot even though he's a "triangle" as he put it. I hope he gets the nerve to kiss her next week, a good kiss is another great way to change your visual appeal (but you still need a good personality, Jeremy)! ROSE!
*Sean, a 33-year-old martial arts master from Crestwood, KY
Okay, perhaps I was wrong about the mention of DeAnna's mother last week. Sounds like he did spend some time getting to know her. Too little, too late though.
Was I hearing things or did he call her 'babe' in he hammock? If he did, I think it may have been a little premature. I really didn't see any chemistry between Sean and DeAnna. What can you say? If it's not there, it's just not there. He seemed to take the rejection in stride though, which is nice in comparison to jerks like Robert last week!
Well, let's look on the bright side - he got a better haircut out of this whole experience, and will probably be fighting the girls off of him with a stick now... SORRY! NO ROSE!
*Twilley, a 33-year-old software programmer from Tulsa, OK
Twilley just never had a chance, did he? Motion sickness can be a high hurdle to jump when you are trying to compete with other, more macho dudes. Plus almost zero one-on-one time with DeAnna.
Watching him bag on Jeremy for being too perfect made me laugh out loud for the only time in this whole episode! I'm having second thoughts about Twilley: I think he would be a really cool guy to date and/or marry... once the novelty of being in love wears off, he would still be there making you laugh.
But I suppose you need to have the right sense of humor to really appreciate the Twilleys of the world. I actually do have that sense of humor. Twilley, if you're reading this, I'm married, sweetheart, but we can hang! SORRY! NO ROSE!
Good lord, we have to meet the fams next week, don't we? I always hate that episode the most! Everyone is too serious and it's the same boring talks every time. Except the fake family last season... that was hilarious!
Actually, meeting little Ty will be different. And hearing Graham's mother tell DeAnna that he's afraid of commitment will be CLASSIC!!! So maybe it won't be too bad this time *she said with a prayer in her heart and a bolt of lightning on it's way down...*
Tell me what you thought!
4 comments:
I still think Sean was the much better choice. Better than Jessie at least! He HAS to go, hair and all.
Apart from the whole metrosexual thing, and the mom thing, Sean seems to have a good head on his shoulders. I've seen him in an interview and he seems down to earth. Deanna is way off on that one.
Debby/Toronto
I am hoping the twist is that he comes back.
Yeah, watching the interview episode with Sean made me laugh - definitely a metrosexual! :o)
I have to admit that without the mullet he is pretty handsome, and I had no idea he was so well off! I mean, really, how many people "collect" cars?!? I wish I could do that!
Sorry... gotta disagree here. I think Sean is way creepy and totally beyond metrosexual. Talking to his mother 2 to 3 times a day when she only lives one street over is so not normal. What girl could fit into that situation? I guess that would just be a total turn-off to me -that and the in-home tanning bed.
I also think the tears in next week's preview are when she sends Graham home and he probably yells at her. I think she's going to get too scared that he won't commit. I really like him less and less. Maybe because I've dated committment-phobes like him before, and I'm just projecting my anger on him. Or maybe not.
Poor Jesse just can't shut up, and now he's going dangerously close into "friend" zone. I think her attraction to him has a very small window that is rapidly closing. I don't see him as an legitimate suitor at all, but I definitely think he is fun, and would make a good boyfriend to someone younger.
I still predict Jason, because since they make it look like everything is perfect with her and Jeremy, this is obviously the red herring that ABC always throws at us. I don't know though... I think Deanna will have a hard time not being number 1 in his life. I don't think she's used to being shared.
Now I'm all confused again.
Ooops, I was logged in under my husband's name. That last post wasn't from Alvin!
Lori
Post a Comment