Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Wanted: Romance

WANTED: ROMANCE! WHERE IS IT???


Okay, I'm back from the gym and feeling *slightly* better about myself!

This episode was just drama, drama, drama, wasn't it? I think it's going to get a lot harder from now on... all the guys left seem pretty cool or funny or cute or laid back and it's going to be hard to see them leave.

Funniest moment of the night? When one guy says something like "We're losing our cook, our comic relief... and Jason." Nice!

One quick note about negativity: I've always laughed at the faces the girls make during the rose ceremonies. They all seem to get very depressed or angry until the point when they are chosen or not chosen. Then they go back to normal. But I noticed that when the guys show their negativity, either during the rose ceremony or when some other guy is hanging out with DeAnna, it's extremely unattractive! I found myself (instead of laughing) disliking each guy when his jealous face popped up.

So guys out there, take note: jealousy = BAD...

As I said in my previous post, I like DeAnna more now than I ever have in the past. The fact that she actually took the time to keep the guys happy says a lot. Too many women out there worry far too much about making themselves happy, and not enough about making their man happy. Trust me ladies - if you find the time each day to make sure your man is happy, you will find yourself a much happier person too! I know from whence I speak...

Enough preaching - on to the GUYS!!! :o)

*Brian W., a 31-year-old high school football coach from Weatherford, TX

Okay, we know Brian is out. But do we really know Brian? I don't think so. He was the first to admit that he had a great time hanging out with the guys and didn't spend enough time getting to know DeAnna. From what we've seen on the show, that seems like a pretty accurate assessment. Being a football coach, I have to assume on some small scale that he is more comfortable with a bunch of guys. DeAnna also stated at one point that he talked about the guys too much.

I've heard that he plays a fairly large part in an MMORPG (for you non-geeks, that's a "massive multi-player online role playing game"). Now that's not necessarily a bad thing in and of itself. Before I had kids, my husband and I played Kingdom of Loathing (sarcastic fun for everyone!!!) for about two or three hours every night, for two months or so. It was great fun, but then it got old. I don't know how long he's been playing, but I think it can become a bit of an addiction for some people, and when that happens it could be a red flag. I know a lot of women who don't play with their husbands, and as a result they barely see them.

I don't know one bit how into gaming Brian is, but he did seem like a pretty nice guy, and it's sad that we won't actually get to know him better. Alas, 'twas not meant to be...

One quick note about Brian: when he was in the hot tub at the end, his hair didn't look grey and it was flatter on his head. I thought he looked MUCH hotter that way! Shame we didn't get to see more of that. NO ROSE!


*Fred, a 30-year-old lawyer from Chicago, IL
Okay, apparently everyone loves Fred! Nobody had anything bad to say about him. I was even impressed that Robert spoke highly of him. I think he got a lot more attractive when he went into serious mode. He just looks a little too goofy with a big 'ole grin on his face. And I don't know why, but I forgot until this episode that he's a lawyer. He doesn't seem like a lawyer. Too silly, maybe.

Not much more I can think to say about Fred. They didn't really show him enough to find out much about him. At least everyone on the show seemed to like him a lot. DeAnna just didn't quite like him enough. NO ROSE!


*Graham, a 29-year-old professional basketball player from Raleigh, NC
Okay, I stand by my last appraisal of Graham: DeAnna wants him BAD! She is dying for him to be the man she is looking for, and he is just a little too scared to do it. I think he could easily have wrapped this season up during that first one-on-one date at the beach. It's amazing what a little insecurity can do!

Graham seems to be playing a little of the same game that Shayne (aka Monkey) played on the last Bachelor: Hard-To-Get. I think it might bite him in the butt if he doesn't cut it out soon. She picked him last in the rose ceremony, and I think it's because she wanted him to sweat a little and realize that he's going to have to start doing some serious kissing 'n stuff if he wants to stick around! Way to work it, DeAnna! I approve, not because I think it's the best way to get some emotion out of a guy, but because I can't wait to watch him making out with her! I'm such a tart! ROSE!


*Jason, a 31-year-old account executive from Kirkland, WA
Jason had a unique and extremely lucky chance to be alone with DeAnna in her house for an entire night. Or did she plan it? We will never know...

It was nice to have an entire episode where we didn't have to hear about his son every time he spoke. I know that sounds harsh, but it was really nice to see him hug her when she got home and he saw how upset she was, and then hang out outside and comfort her. They seemed really comfortable together, and she snuggled into him like he was THE ONE. I think he's definitely got a lead over the others now. And has anyone noticed the poll on the right? Jason has taken a BIG lead in the past day! ROSE!


*Jeremy, a 30-year-old real estate attorney from Dallas, TX
Jeremy is losing ground. I think he might have peaked too early, and didn't have the personality to keep it going. I think I have yet to see him smile.

We didn't see him much this time, I think for the first time. That's really okay with me as I am not too impressed with him. His competitiveness during the stock car laps was pretty unattractive. Nothing wrong with a little competition as long as you can keep your sense of humor when it's not your career you're competing over. Competing for 10 minutes to spend with a girl that you're going to spend at least 5 minutes with anyway seems like a pretty silly thing to get angry over.

Also, taking two very competitive people and putting them in a relationship is usually not the best idea. Just my opinion... ROSE!


*Jesse, a 25-year-old professional snowboarder from Breckenridge, CO
Jesse got the one-on-one date this time. Making him dress up in a suit was pretty funny, but at least he didn't refuse to wear it. I think the whole night was perfect and he showed his serious side, but why oh WHY didn't he kiss her? She said that it was her chance to see if he could be husband material and not just a friend, and he spent all that time sitting at the dinner table telling her that he was into her, he even slow danced with her to a beautiful song in one of the most romantic settings possible, but NO KISS!!! What's up with that?

I think he just might get stuck in the "friend zone". We will see soon enough! ROSE!


*Robert, a 28-year-old chef from San Francisco, CA
Alright, who here thinks Robert turned his head just so all the ladies out there in the audience could see the tear fall slowly down his cheek?

I wouldn't trust this guy as far as I could throw him - and he's a pretty big guy...

He's also so full of himself that he was surprised when DeAnna cut him!?!

His drama-queen attitude was in full force at the picnic when he sulked into the back room and waited for DeAnna to come in and talk to him, just so that he could try and make the others look bad. BACKFIRE!!! Instead, she gets mad at him for walking away, and then confronts him later about his lack of communication! That DeAnna is a pretty smart girl!

I also noticed that all the guys as well as DeAnna had nothing but nice things to say about Fred on double-date night, and nobody really had much good to say about Robert. That was good for a laugh!

But we shouldn't worry or feel sorry for Robert. Now all the sorry women out there who want to date him because he was on this show will get their hearts broken by him while he uses the excuse that he can't open up to another girl so soon after having his heart broken by DeAnna. He's definitely got game. NO ROSE (thank the Lord)!


*Sean, a 33-year-old martial arts master from Crestwood, KY
Won the stock car race challenge (how FUN did that look?!!) and got a chance to know DeAnna better. It was nice to see him get some time with her. They apparently have a love for racing in common as well as some small town in some state Was it Kentucky? Sorry, California girl here!

I did notice that during the one-on-one time right after the racing, DeAnna gave him a really good opportunity (I think on purpose) to ask her about her mother. He didn't. Oops. I'll have to watch again, but I felt like I could read her mind there. I think she seemed disappointed, because she mentioned her mother dying, and he was just talking about the fact that they had lived in the same area, and she was hoping he would want to know more about her life by picking up on the comment about her mother dying. Hell, he didn't even bat an eyelash! Maybe he didn't hear her. She did give him the date rose, though, so I could be wrong. Or she could be giving him the benefit of the doubt.

He does look MUCH better without the mullet, quite handsome! I think getting the date rose helped bump up his self-esteem a little with her, which is a good thing. He has the potential to be the dashing leading man if he wants to be. And if he listens more closely. ROSE!


*Twilley, a 33-year-old software programmer from Tulsa, OK
Twilley put on a serious face this time! It looks a lot better than his funny face! But it might be too little, too late.

He did face his "motion sickness" issues and drive the stock car, which is a good thing (except that most people don't get motion sickness when driving, only as a passenger). He still seems very unsure of himself, and for good reason. I think he may be the next to leave, unless he can pull out some romance soon! ROSE!


I just have to say that after reviewing this episode, I am still left wanting more romance! Too bad the show is pre-taped. If not, we could have started a pool to pay Graham to step up the heat a bit! Graham, how much more do you need: the girl that has a bunch of other guys after her is practically begging you to kiss her???

There is a rumor that Graham leaves the show early, though I haven't heard any more details. I hope that's not true. If that really happens, I think it would leave DeAnna in the position of feeling like she might be choosing the wrong guy, just because Graham left early. It will be interesting to find out if the rumor is true...

So next week, we have an interview with DeAnna, and then more of the show, right? I hope so, I don't think I can take a two week interval between real episodes!

Tell me what you thought!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Wow, you have some great commentary that I totally agree with. How Deanna kept Sean around with that mullet is beyond me. I'm glad he got rid of it, because he is certainly cuter now. As I write on my own blog, I'm totally rooting for Jason, but I would be shocked if she really picked him. We'll see if he makes it to the home town date, and then see how she handles the kid.

Anonymous said...

I am still rooting for Sean, I think he is the safer choice than Graham ( I still don't get the big deal with him). He's too thin and gaunt, and he looks too much like Brad.
Sean is not perfect, but he wants Deanna BAD. He has the potential to be the leading man ( as you say, and I believe), so he is lasting material. Graham will bolt, and I don't remember Graham EVER asking Deanna about her mother. Although I don't blame the guys who didn't. It's not comfortable material to discuss, and not to sound harsh, but we have heard it many, many times before, including the Brad show.
Greek girl in Toronto,
Debby.
P.S. You are funny!

deviant said...

I agree that Graham probably couldn't maintain a long-lasting relationship at this point, but I still think he's a cutiepie! I like thin and gaunt, but you may have ruined it for me by saying he looks like Brad!!!

At least he doesn't TALK like Brad: Lets...go...have...a...talk... (I'm sooooooo mean, I know, I know!)

deviant said...

Lori, it WILL be interesting if she gets to meet little Ty! He's four, right? Being the proud owner of a two and three year old right now, I can only imagine what he might say to her (or let's just face it - where he might grab her)!!!

:o)